An AGAPE Picnic Easter 2022
Welcome to our Agape picnic
- Agape means “God’s love”
- It is a very old way of sharing food together at Easter
- During our meal, we remember that God is always with us.
- Light three candles
SONG Lord of the Dance
2 x READINGS by Children
- “When God freed his people from slavery, he said to Moses, “Remember this day and celebrate it as a festival to God.” (Exodus 12.14)
- “During their last supper together, Jesus picked up some bread and some drink, said ‘Thank You’ to God, and shared it with his friends.” (Mark 14.22)
- Everyone together says, ‘Thank You God, Amen’
- Extinguish candles
Hinduism Day 2022
Agape Picnic 2018
On Monday 26 March we had an Agape picnic at school which was also shared with parents, grandparents and members of the local community. It was great to have so many people join us for our Easter celebration.
We shared some prayers and bible readings before we had our picnic.
Alice said, ‘I really enjoyed the Agape picnic and the lovely food. I lit the three candles because I am the oldest pupil in the school. The candles stand for God, Jesus and the Holy spirit.’
Nathan said, ‘I liked the picnic and blew the candles out because I am the youngest in the school.’