At Gillamoor we follow the principles of Nurture through the National Nurture Award run by nurtureuk which is dedicated to improving the life chances of every child and young person by promoting nurture across the whole education system and beyond.
The principles are;
- Children’s learning is understood developmentally.
- The classroom offers a safe base.
- Nurture is important for the development of wellbeing.
- Language is understood as a vital means of communications.
- All behaviour is communication.
- Transitions are significant in the lives of children.